Beckler and his wife are expecting a new baby in the spring and are struggling to come up with names they agree upon. We made this list to help them avoid the pitfalls of hipster names.
If you’d rather listen to the on-air version of this list, you can do so here.
10. Avery – Her parents met in the theater. They live in 100 year old house and taught Avery how to make her own clothes out of hemp.
9. Atticus – He’s a huge bookworm that officially changed his given name (John) to Atticus, inspired by To Kill A Mockingbird which he’s memorized word for word.
8. Julian – Plays in a half-dozen local bands, specializes in unusual instruments. Pan flute, keytar, theremin – if it’s novel, Julian can rock it.
7. Dax – He brews gluten-free beer in his own bath tub and he sells it in mason jars.
6. Chloe – Not a traditional hipster per say, Chloe’s a rich girl with 10,000 Instagram followers but she wears saggy tuques in the summer and uses #hipster.
5. Flora – She works at the community radio station and turned down money because she doesn’t believe in the commercialism of music.
4. Bronwyn – Writes a column in the student newspaper and organizes monthly slam poetry nights on campus.
3. Luca – He bikes across the country, traveling to different street festivals to show off his fire-breathing skills.
2. Everett – started his own line of environmentally-friendly beard and moustache products, pitched them on Dragon’s Den, was flatly denied due to overvaluation.
1. Sebastian – He lives in an old funeral home that he’s gentrified, he now hosts ironic t-shirt parties there every Friday.