In honour of Calgary Stampede 2017, we’ve compiled a list of the Top 10 Cowboy and Cowgirl names. You can listen to the on-air version of this list from X Mornings with Beckler & Seanna right here.
10. Trevor – Trevor dresses like a cowboy, talks like a cowboy, is not a cowboy. His dad owns a business in town and he’s never had actual mud on his boots.
9. Shelby – Shelby’s spent LONG hours in the saddle. She started riding horses before she could stand. She has more horse friends than real friends. She considers herself a horse-mom.
8. Levi – Levi is rarely seen without a dip in his lip. He’ll two-step the hell out of you. He prefers riding a dirtbike over a horse, but considers his dirtbike to be a type of metal horse.
7. Dakota – Dakota got her start by ranching in Manitoba with her parents on their quarter horse operation. She’s even won the Miss. Rodeo competition in years past. She’s the poster-girl for the rodeo.
6. Jessi – Jessi is a true-blooded country girl. She can skin a deer, change the oil in her truck and hit a gopher from 60 yards.
5. Buck – Buck’s dad was a bull rider. He’s ACTUALLY named after the motion of a bronco. He’s got a dedicated family to the western craft.
4. Cody – Cody is probably the toughest guy you know. He’s broken almost every bone in his body – some from bullriding, some from barfighting
3. Wade – Wade is a TRUE rancher. He wears cowboy boots every day, because he needs to. He spends his days on a horse, and hates when he has to head to the city. If he does, he sure sticks out.
2. Brandy -Brandy had a promising barrel racing career until she got knocked up by Cody. Now they live on a ranch down south, and on a wild friday night they’ll go muddin’.
1. Gina – Gina grew up being called “buck bunny” because she’ll NEVER miss a good rodeo and she’ll be cheering the loudest for her favourite cowboys. – she’s not really a cowgirl herself but she LOVES bull riders
Follow us on Twitter!