To be clear, these aren’t the most popular names of the 80s, as certain names have been popular over many decades. These are the names that we feel best sum up the atmosphere of the 80s, and where those people ended up.
If you want to hear the on-air version of this list, you can listen here.
10. Jason – got really into fitness and shaved off all his body hair. Deleted Facebook in ’09 and no one has heard from him since.
9. Lindsay – We didn’t know she was a drug dealer until we caught her trading services with her dealer
8. Corey – has one earring in his left ear and no one can convince him that it hasn’t been cool in 20 years.
7. Kristine – a flight attendant who secretly wants a man but pretends she’s happier single. There are a lot of photos of her happy on a beach, but behind that is a feeling of emptiness she would love to fill.
6. Ryan – promising athlete, quit sports to work for the city.
5. Shane – thought he was going pro but now he’s the local zamboni driver with a flask of rye. He’s also got the best Christmas decorations.
4. Jesse – plays guitar but always switches to the popular genres a few years too late to make any money.
3. Stacey – makes the best caesar salad dressing on the block and no matter what the occasion – she’ll know about it and drop a hand-made lasagna at your door.
2. Tanya – first of her friends to start smoking darts, gave it up to save her skin. It was the right decision.
1. Amanda – gained a lot of weight, had a child and now she sells Scentsy products and hosts tupperware parties.